Andrew Purcell, Carrie Purcell
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 large (or 2 small) zucchini
- 2teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 medium campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4cup fresh basil, torn, plus more for garnish
Use a vegetable spiralizer to create thick zucchini noodles (or use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin ribbons).
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1 tsp olive oil. Add tomatoes and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tomatoes are soft and starting to break down, about 4 minutes. Add vinegar and stir, scraping any bits off the bottom of the pan. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Wipe out skillet and return to medium heat. Heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil. Add chickpeas and zucchini noodles. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through and noodles are slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to press excess liquid out of tomatoes, then return them to the skillet. Add mozzarella and basil and toss to coat. Top with more basil and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
22 g fat (8 g saturated)
61 g carbs
19 g fiber
29 g protein