Andrew Purcell, Carrie Purcell
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 small chicken breast (6 oz, boneless, skin-on)
- 1/3cup hummus
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 1/2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 2cups loosely packed baby spinach, chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon cumin
- 4slices 100-percent whole wheat bread
Heat oven to 450°.
Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan or oven-safe skillet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through and a thermometer inserted in the middle reads 165°. Cool slightly. Remove skin and chop chicken in 1/2-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, stir together hummus, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, apple, spinach, parsley, and cumin. Toss to coat.
To serve, lightly toast bread and spoon chicken salad on top.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Per Serving
19 g fat (2 g saturated)
57 g carbs
14 g sugar
11 g fiber
31 g protein