It delivered full color coverage in a single layer, which was as marketed, but it was very blendable, so it could be diffused and blended out for a sheerer effect if desired. You could also just use less product and build up where needed. It felt a little more powder-like, not totally dry or matte, once it came into contact with my skin, but it had plenty of play time. This shade stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Sideshow You (LE, $ 24.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Vibrant (LE, $ 29.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Angelique (190) (DC, $ 45.00) is darker, brighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Genuine (LE, $ 29.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Coastline (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Between the Sheets (P, $ 8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Centerfold (PiP, $ 4.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Blush Camelia Peche (LE, $ 45.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Spring Flock (LE, $ 24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Mod (LE, $ 29.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$ 16.00/0.23 oz. – $ 69.57 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “high payoff” with a “satin-matte” finish that has a “natural flush.” They were very pigmented but blendable and easy to control, so one could apply less and get sheerer, more buildable coverage, if preferred. The consistency was lightweight, thin, and had moderate slip but turned more powder-like–the “satin-matte” came through–as it was applied and blended out on my skin.
It didn’t have a severe dry down, so it remained slightly movable as it dried down; it wasn’t tacky or particularly dewy, so it seemed true to the “satin-matte” finish described (but wasn’t so matte that it was dry or flat-looking on). They applied well over bare skin as well as over liquid foundation and set foundation. They wore between eight and eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush swatches.
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Mica, Synthetic Wax, Kaolin, Isohexadecane, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Di-C20-40 Alkyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Boron Nitride, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Persea Gratissima(Avocado) Oil, Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Oleate, Sorbitan Laurate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.