In the latest installment of her “Quarantine Diary” series of Instagram videos, Madge announced the antibody test results and offered another perplexing comment from her lockdown.
“So tomorrow,” Madonna said, “I’m just going to go for a long drive in a car, and I’m going to roll down the window, and I’m going to breathe in, I’m going to breathe in the COVID-19 air. Yup. I hope the sun is shining.”
A positive antibody test indicates that a person was likely infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But the CDC still isn’t sure whether that means the person would be immune from becoming infected again.
In March the Material Girl infuriated some fans by calling the pandemic the “great equalizer” when in fact it has hit people of color and those with low incomes disproportionately hard. (On the other hand, she recently donated $ 1 million to the outbreak relief effort.)
Madonna canceled the last few shows of what Rolling Stone deemed her “ill-fated” Madame X tour in March over outbreak concerns. The tour had run into previous problems, including a Madonna injury and a delayed start.
In any case, she ended her rambly thoughts on a hopeful note.
“Here’s the good news,” she said. “Tomorrow’s another day, and I’m going to wake up, and I’m going to feel differently.”
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.