As SELF editors, it’s no surprise that we spend a lot of time discussing, debating, and testing sneakers. After all, sneakers are a foundational piece of gear—essential for just about every type of workout. And perhaps more than any other type of fitness gear and apparel, footwear can be highly personal and downright polarizing. Some editors want all the cushion, while others swear by a lightweight fit for their fastest runs.
But with so many options available, we also get that it can feel overwhelming anytime you start searching for a pair of workout shoes. That’s where SELF’s Sneaker Awards come in. We cut through the noise to find the very best sneakers for your particular needs.
To select the winners, SELF editors will rigorously and methodically test each shoe under consideration during a variety of activities. We’ll keep tabs on key factors like fit, comfort, performance, and style.
We are currently accepting submissions for the following types of sneakers: running shoes (road and trail), trail/hiking shoes, leisure/lifestyle, walking, weight lifting, HIIT, and indoor and outdoor cycling. For more information about how to submit, read on below.
- Products submitted for consideration must be new and released after October 1, 2020 and available nationwide by September 30, 2021. (An existing style may be submitted as long as it’s been updated in some way, including new color offerings or updated features.)
- Categories we’re interested in: Running shoes (road and trail), trail and hiking shoes, leisure/lifestyle, walking, weight lifting, HIIT, and indoor and outdoor cycling.
- To submit a product, please email email@example.com with “2021 Sneaker Awards” in the subject line. Your email should include info sheets/press releases and hi-res images for each shoe, along with its release date. (You can put all submissions in a single email.)
- We will only accept 3–5 submissions from each brand. Help us pick the best ones! You know your product best, so please highlight your top releases, or the shoes you anticipate will be the biggest crowd-pleasers.
- Please do not send samples at this time. (No one is at 1 World Trade Center.) If we decide to test your product, we’ll contact you. If submitting products is a hardship for your brand, please email us. We’re happy to work with you. Any product submitted for testing cannot be returned.
- Please email your submissions no later than Friday, May 28, 2021.
Editor’s note: Our list of sneaker categories may change. We may add or remove categories as we see fit.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “2021 Sneaker Awards” in the subject line and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Thank you and good luck!