6 / 6
Best mini fridge for beverages
NewAir Mini Fridge
All your drinks are on display, thanks to the glass door on the NewAir mini fridge, which allows you to decide on your beverage without letting the cold air out. It can hold up to 126 cans at once, which is equivalent to roughly five cases of soda. Several removable storage racks make it easy to wipe clean in case of spills.
One satisfied shopper named it the “perfect beverage fridge” for holding cans, juice boxes, water bottles and more for guests during game days. They added that they recommend it to anyone, “looking to step up the entertainment area of their home.”
- Holds up to 126 canned beverages
- Glass door is ideal for visibility
- Has removable storage racks
- Features an adjustable thermostat
- Not ideal for food
What to consider when buying a mini fridge
Before purchasing a mini fridge, you should consider the space you’re working with and what you intend to use it for. For example, if this will be your main refrigeration system, then you might want one with lots of compartments for organization. On the flip side, if your mini fridge will mainly be used for beverages, you can go with something small and budget-friendly.
Types of mini fridges
- Mini fridges with freezers: Not all of the best mini fridges have built-in freezers, but those that do offer an added bonus since they keep drinks cold while also storing ice cream, frozen meals and small amounts of leftovers.
- Beverage coolers: Some mini fridges are so compact that they’re only meant to hold a six-pack of soda or even skincare. These are most ideal for desks, vanities and countertops, and shouldn’t be expected to fit a lot of stuff inside.
- Built-in under-counter mini fridges: These types of mini fridges are normally professionally installed, and are ideal for tiny homes, camping and apartment living.
How we found the best mini fridge
As shopping experts, our only job is to help you find a winning product. We start with the research and reporting basics—what products are made of, what they look like and how much they cost—to ensure that we’re only recommending the buys that are worth your time and money. Then, we research the features that speak to the product’s quality, taking advice from industry insiders and subject matter experts on what makes a product a smart value (or worthy of a splurge). Finally, we do the work of combing through user reviews to see how real people interact with the product, and if it stands up to the test.
Do mini fridges use a lot of electricity?
Each mini fridge is different, but the wattage the unit uses should be labeled either on the door or somewhere on the exterior. An average mini fridge will cost around $5 to $7 to run each month.
How long do mini fridges last?
Although there’s no telling exactly how long each mini fridge will last, if you follow a few simple rules, it can run for 10 years or more. Keep up with regular maintenance by cleaning the internal mechanics and coils, and setting it at the right temperature, which is around 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can a mini fridge sit on carpet?
The best mini fridges can sit on carpet as long as they’re sealed properly to prevent leaks and deep cleaned regularly. Cleaning the fridge should include the exterior, interior and coils.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.