As SELF editors, we spend a lot of time obsessing over and trying the newest, coolest fitness apparel and gear. This year, for our annual fitness and gear awards, we will be focusing on seven core categories—from sports bras and leggings to sneakers and trackers—to bring readers the best new gear available. To determine our winners, we’ll be tapping our editors and our network of respected athletes and trainers to rigorously test each item during various types of workouts, keeping tabs on key factors like performance, fit, comfort, and style.
Below you’ll find a list of our 2019 gear categories followed by submission guidelines. Please read through each section carefully before reaching out to submit a product.
Healthy Fitness Awards Categories 2019
Sports Bras: Including low-impact, medium-impact, high-impact in all cup sizes; plus longline bras and crop tops
Leggings: Including leggings for yoga, HIIT, barre, cycling (indoor and outdoor), high-waisted, cold weather, compression, recovery, outdoor/hiking; plus running tights, joggers, and bodysuits
Shorts: Including running shorts, short-shorts (volleyball shorts), soccer shorts (or other longer styles), and skorts
Sneakers: Including shoes for running (stability, neutral, minimal/racing flats), studio, CrossFit, cycling, walking, weightlifting, all-day/leisure, and trail
Tops: Including tank tops, technical t-shirts and long-sleeves, and all-weather jackets
Fitness tech: Including GPS smartwatches, everyday activity trackers, sleep trackers, swim trackers, running watches, and headphones
Gym Accessories: Including water bottles, gym duffel bags and backpacks, commuter/cycling bags, running backpacks, yoga mats, and hot yoga towels
Editor’s Note: This list may change. We may add or remove categories.
- Products must be new and released after October 1, 2018 and available nationwide by September 30, 2019.
- For apparel, any item submitted must be available in all sizes up to XL and preferably also available in extended sizing.
- To submit a product, email the product name along with info sheets or press releases to email@example.com. Where applicable, please include size range.
- Please do NOT send samples. If we decide to test your product, we’ll contact you to request samples. Please note that any products tested cannot be returned.
- Product submissions are due by Friday, August 9, 2019.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fitness Awards” in the subject line and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Thank you and good luck!