Whether you’re a lifelong vegetarian or vegan, or trying out a plan-based diet for the first time, Tex-Mex food should be a regular part of your weekly menu. That’s because it’s easy to swap protein-packed beans for the meat in dishes like burritos, fajitas and tacos.
However, hitting the beans hard every time can start to get old, so if you’re looking for a new spin then consider roasted cauliflower. This cauliflower taco recipe is delicious and easy to make, and either serves four, three, two or one, depending on how many of the 12 tacos you want to keep to yourself.
The recipe is from Saskia Gregson-Williams, a former ballet dancer who now runs an online workout studio and vegetarian recipe resource called Naturally Sassy.
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos Recipe
Ingredients (Serves Four)
For the tacos
- 1 small cauliflower head, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp garlic powder
- ½tsp black pepper
- ½tsp sea salt
- ½ head purple cabbage, shredded
- 12 small corn tortillas
For the corn salsa
- 2 cups cooked sweet yellow corn, cut off the cob
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½tsp salt
For the guacamole
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat your oven to 200℃/gas 6. Divide the cauliflower between two large baking trays. Add the coconut oil, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Toss to combine. Roast until golden brown and tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the corn salsa. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine well. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocados in a medium bowl. Stir in the lime juice and garlic.
- To serve, warm the corn tortillas in the microwave. Fill with roasted cauliflower and top with corn salsa and guacamole. Garnish with shredded purple cabbage and additional fresh coriander if desired. Serve with lime wedges.